Are you ready to step into a new role and help shape the future of a deep-tech startup?
Emitu, a leading IoT company in Porto, Portugal, is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to drive its B2B growth.
We're a startup developing next-generation IoT solutions based in Porto. We're passionate and hardworking and believe in a culture where everyone can contribute and make a real difference while enjoying what they do. Our vision is to help businesses achieve digital transformation, shaping how organisations save energy, increase efficiency, measure their processes, and improve their decision-making in real-time using all sorts of IoT solutions.
We are a small, fast-moving team that deals with emerging technologies and IoT hardware daily, and we're always looking for creative, unconventional people to deliver solutions with them.
Who are we looking for
As a Business Development Manager, you'll be pivotal in expanding Emitu's market presence and revenue. You should be an articulate and experienced professional in sales, skilled at building relationships, and adept at communicating with individuals across various industries, particularly in the manufacturing and smart cities sectors. While prior startup experience is a plus, it's not mandatory.
Your ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities, including promoting value propositions, validating needs and pains, and cultivating relationships with key decision-makers, is a key asset for this role.
We're looking for a driven and enthusiastic individual who can take the initiative, engage with the leads, acquire customers, close sales, and contribute to our growth. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone autonomous, people-oriented, and results-driven.
What are your responsibilities as a Business Development Manager
- Prospect potential clients through inbound and outbound activities, including cold calls and emails, within our target industries and market.
- Utilize a mix of communication tools to generate leads, create interest, and schedule discovery calls or meetings, whether online or in person.
- Demonstrate positive and energetic communication skills, excellent listening skills, and the ability to interpret verbal and body language cues during client meetings and business events.
- Qualify and engage with sales leads, offering information about Emitu's IoT solutions.
- Conduct product demonstrations and present solutions that align with customer needs and requirements.
- Educate prospective clients about Emitu's solution as they progress through the sales funnel.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation and analysis of leads on the CRM platform.
- Nurture and engage with customers to make informed decisions and guide them through innovative solutions;
- Drive through complex and long sales cycles and deal with Senior stakeholders;
- Contribute innovative ideas and share best practices with your colleagues.
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments, market trends, competitor activities, and customer needs, and incorporate this knowledge into sales initiatives and product development;
- Consistently meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales quotas.
- Implement and improve the sales plan and process while creating and maintaining a monthly sales forecast.
- Be in sync with the marketing department and meet with them weekly to ensure crafting and communicating the same message to the target audience.
What gets us excited about you
- A rapid learner who excels in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and a willingness to contribute across different areas.
- A desire to expand your knowledge relevant to the role.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivation, resilience, and an optimistic approach to handling objections.
- The ability to simplify complex technical concepts and communicate them effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing skills in both English and Portuguese.
- A passion for working as part of a team and helping teammates improve daily.
- A humble yet confident approach to your work.
- Enthusiasm for technology and IoT.
How to apply
We're a culture-first company. We'll do our best to provide you with a great work atmosphere and help you advance your personal growth. We're located at the Founders Founders community, which hosts some of Porto's best startups.
If you are up for the challenge, send your resume/CV to jobs:at:emitu.com. Tell us why you're the perfect fit for this role.
We will be delighted to consider your interest and get back to you for an initial chat on how we can work together at Emitu.